The Red FlowerThis painting in not for sale. I painted it for my son and his wife and gave it as a gift for their new home. An artist can learn alot by studying the work of the masters', so I did this one in the spirit of Georgia O'Keeffe red flower that was done in oil pastel on paper. I chose a similar size canvas as O'Keeffe's paper to get the feel for the presence that O'Keeffe's might have been. I was so pleased with this one, that I am starting a flower series of my own, using the flowers in my own little world... each one will be a close-up of a flower using the same glazing technique that I used for this one...one over the other, as the Renaissance Painters did, except I used Liquin. I used my hands most of the time when painting this one, as is my habit of late. I sealed it with a coat of Liquin before I delivered it, unframed.
No comments:
Post a Comment